CBSE Full Form is Central Board of Secondary Examination which is a national level board in India which is managed by the central government. It is a combination of private and public schools that follow the NCERT syllabus. About 20,000 schools in India and 220 schools abroad are affiliated to this board.
Know in this article what is CBSE?, CBSE Full Form, How CBSE is different from other board, and also get CBSE Meaning, ICSE vs CBSE In very simple words. Stay connected with this article till the end to get complete information about CBSE.
CBSE What is it?
|CBSE Full Form||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Establishment||03 November 1962|
|official language||Hindi and English|
|Main office||New Delhi, India|
CBSE What is it? CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the abbreviation for Central Board of Secondary Education. It is the primary education board of the country. All CBSE schools are run under the direction of the central government. It was established on November 03, 1962.
The public and private schools run by it are managed by the capital Delhi. CBSE schools offer two modes of instruction: Hindi and English as well as NCERT textbooks are used in their curriculum.
CBSE Full Form
Let us now know the CBSE Full Form in a little detail. Friends, CBSE Board Full Form is often asked on Google by the user in other languages as well. The full form of CBSE in some other languages is given below.
- CBSE Full Form in English – Central Board of Secondary Education
- CBSE Full Form – Central Board of Secondary Education
- CBSE Full Form in Marathi – Central Board of Secondary Education
- CBSE Full Form in Gujarati –
- CBSE Full Form in Tamil –
- CBSE Full Form in Telugu – ుకేషన్
CBSE Meaning In English
As you know, CBSE Meaning (Central Board of Secondary Education) is a national level education board in India for public and private schools controlled and managed by the Government of India. CBSE affiliated all Kendriya Vidyalayas, all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, private schools and most of the schools approved by the Central Government of India. This includes 1,138 Kendriya Vidyalayas, 3,011 Government Schools, 16,741 Independent Schools, 595 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas and 14 Central Tibetan Schools.
What is CBSE and what are its functions?
Friends, what is CBSE and what is its function? CBSE conducts the final exams for class 10 and class 12 every year in the month of March. Results are declared by the end of May. CBSE also conducts AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) for admission in leading medical colleges of India. Apart from these tests, CBSE also conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test and Class X Optional Proficiency Test. With the inclusion of NET in 2014, CBSE has become the largest exam conducting body in the world.
History of CBSE
The first education board to be established in India was the Uttar Pradesh Board of High School and Intermediate Education in 1921, under the jurisdiction of Rajputana, Central India and Gwalior. The Government of India established a joint board in 1929 called the Board of High School and Intermediate Education. It included Central India, Ajmer, Merwara, and Gwalior. Later it was limited to Ajmer, Bhopal and Vindhya Pradesh. It became the Central Board of Secondary Education in 1952.
It was officially formed in 1962 with a common objective of uniting and providing a common form of education. It started with 302 affiliated schools. CBSE has been a pioneer in reforming the education sector of India to a great extent.
CBSE Chairman and Secretary
Let us know who is the Chairman and Secretary of CBSE at present?
- CBSE Chairman – Sh. MANOJ AHUJA, IAS CHAIRMAN
- CBSE Secretary – ANURAG TRIPATHI, IRPS Secretary
- Controller of Examinations – DR. SANYAM BHARDWAJ
Role and Objective of CBSE
The main objectives of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE Full Form) are as follows:
- To lay down the conditions of examinations for classes X and XII and to conduct examinations.
- Performing and meeting the educational needs of those whose parents are engaged in transferable jobs.
- Regular updates of syllabus and instructions for the exam.
- To award certificate after successful completion of class X and XII.
- Raising the overall educational standards of the country.
- Determining the role of examinations.
What are the primary objectives of CBSE?
- Adding job oriented training courses and vocational courses to the entire curriculum.
- Regular improvement in the education system in line with the increasing trends.
- Focusing on better student-teacher relationship and improving ratio.
- Creating student friendly curriculum to help them focus better.
Exam Pattern of CBSE
The CBSE exam pattern has changed from 2019. The internal assessment is of 20 marks and is divided into four sections. Periodic tests carry 5 marks, multiple assessments carry 5 marks and portfolio carries 5 marks. There is also a subject enrichment activity of 5 marks. There will be some relevant project assignments for the evaluation of marks. At the end there will be block tests.
Advantages of CBSE
There are also some distinctive advantages of CBSE Board:
- More interactive and student friendly.
- Short Answers and MCQs help students to score well.
- Enhances the competitive spirit of the students to have an edge over others.
- Apart from imparting quality knowledge ensures the holistic development of the student.
- More versatile and creates an environment designed for better learning.
CBSE Regional Office
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has about 16 regional offices across India, with 6 new offices at Bengaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi West, Noida and Pune. These regional offices cater to the queries of students, teachers and school administrators regarding the conduct of examinations, affiliation etc.
|Delhi East||Delhi West|
CBSE Helpline Number
Friends, if you have any kind of problem or question, then you can contact CBSE Head Office (CBSE Office Delhi) and CBSE Helpline Number given below.
- CBSE Contact Number – 1800118002, 22509256, 22509257, 22509258, 22509259
- CBSE Email Address – [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
- Head Office Add. – Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi, India – 110092
CBSE Office Patna
CBSE has also opened its regional office in Bihar Patna.
- Applicable For Places: Bihar and Jharkhand
- Address: Sh. Jagdish Barman, Regional Officer (wef 07.02.2018) Ambika Complex, Behind State Bank Colony, Near Brahmsthan, Sheikhpura, Raza Bazar, Bailey Road Patna – 800014, Bihar
- Contact Details: 0612-2295048, [email protected]
Some Questions (FAQs) related to CBSE Ka Full Form
What is CBSE?
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) is the abbreviation for Central Board of Secondary Education. It is the primary education board of the country. All CBSE schools are run under the direction of the central government.
What is the full form of CBSE?
Central Board of Secondary Examination
Who is the chairman of CBSE?
Sh. MANOJ AHUJA, IAS CHAIRMAN
What is the full form of CBSE?
Central Board of Secondary Examination
central board of secondary examination
What is mean by CBSE?
CBSE Mean (Central Board of Secondary Education) is a national level education board in India for public and private schools controlled and managed by the Government of India.
What is the meaning of CBSE?
CBSE Meaning (Central Board of Secondary Education)
Friends, what is CBSE? By now you would have known. In this article, we have provided you all the small and big information related to CBSE. Hope, now you know what is CBSE Full Form (What is the Full Form of CBSE) and CBSE Meaning, CBSE Chairman, CBSE Regional Office and many more. This was one of our efforts to make you aware of important information related to CBSE in your favorite language.